Throughout her career, Vanessa’s written over 1000 columns published in approximately sixty media outlets worldwide. Her writing primarily focuses on fierce female sexuality and gender politics.
Vanessa’s columns have appeared in Penthouse Magazine, GQ Magazine, iNews UK, The Huff Post, News.com.au, The Daily Telegraph, The Sydney Morning Herald, Quadrant, RendezView, The Mercury and innumerable others.
In 2020, Vanessa’s sex podcast launched. Every episode, Vanessa discusses taboo topics in a raw and unapologetic way.
In 2019 Vanessa debuted at #60 on the Ultra Tune Maxim Magazine HOT 100, she also spoke at the Liberty Friedman Conference in Sydney and appeared on Australian talk show Studio 10, defending hardcore porn.
In 2017 Vanessa spent six months living in the UK and had the great privilege of performing her one-woman show at the Tristan Bates Theatre in the West End.
A decade prior, Vanessa was cast in the lead role of Australian feature film Nocturne, Night of The Vampire distributed by Troma. The film screened at the Brussels Fantastic Film Festival, Cork Film Festival, Athens Film Festival, Razor Reel Fantastic Film Festival, Portobello Film Festival and Broet. Vanessa attended all screenings as an international guest.
Vanessa is the author of three memoirs — Tantric Afternoons and the award-winning Don’t Hit Me and Without My Consent. In 2021, Don’t Hit Me was turned into an audiobook and Vanessa was signed by Authors Republic in Canada.
Vanessa regularly collaborates with acclaimed German artist, van Rijn on limited edition art and poetry books and Vanessa’s film essay ‘Empire of The Ants’ was included in the 2017 Belgium movie guide: When Animals Attack: The 70 Best Horror Movies With Killer Animals.
Vanessa suffers from Endometriosis and has used her writing to create awareness about the disorder. She wrote a play titled If A Bloke Had Endo. It was performed at the Box Hill Hospital to an audience of doctors, international experts and politicians. Vanessa’s essays have been published in the medical journal, Endo Issues. Additionally, Vanessa was invited to write a column about Endometriosis for the Huff Post.
As a survivor, Vanessa also uses her voice to speak about rape, childhood sexual abuse, family violence and living with PTSD.
Vanessa’s poetry has been widely published and she has performed as a spoken word artist at numerous events.
Additionally, Vanessa has worked as a photographic model and in 2012 was a state finalist in the Miss Pinup Australia Pageant, competing under the title – Miss V Bomb.
Awards & Accolades
- Awarded a Full Scholarship with the Eckhart Tolle Foundation (completed)
- Awarded Internship at The Spectator in London (cancelled due to pandemic)
- Debuted at #60 on the Ultra Tune Maxim Magazine HOT 100
- Speaker at the Liberty Friedman Conference in Sydney
- Was signed by Saxton Speakers Bureau as a keynote speaker
Vanessa trained for 6 months at the Actors Centre in London and performed her one-woman-show at the Tristan Bates Theatre in the West End
- Vanessa’s rape memoir ‘Without My Consent’ launched
- Honorable Mention Award for Without My Consent – New York Book Festival
- Winner of the Silver Medal for Don’t Hit Me – Readers Favorite
- Vanessa’s memoir ‘Don’t Hit Me!’ was published by hybrid publisher – Booktrope
- Most Promising Australian Actress of the Month – StarCentral Magazine
- Debuted on StarCentral Magazine’s HOT list
- Appeared on the cover of SF-TERRA (Dutch SciFi & Horror Magazine)
- Shortlisted for the Viviens Autograph Model Search amongst 4500 entrants
- Five-star review for Don’t Hit Me by the esteemed Midwest Book Review
- Five-star review for Don’t Hit Me by the San Francisco Book Review
- Winner of the Bronze Award for Don’t Hit Me – Global eBook Awards
- Honorable Mention Award for Don’t Hit Me at the London Book Festival
- Five-star review for Don’t Hit Me from the Amazon Hall of Fame Reviewer (UK)
- Vanessa’s erotic shortbook ‘Tantric Afternoons’ was published by Parisian publisher – Hampress
- Vanessa was signed by Profile Creative as an actress and writer
- State finalist in the Miss Pinup Australia Pageant
- Best Female Actor in a short film – Melbourne Underground Film Festival
- Vanessa trained with the New Actors Workshop Summer School in New York for 3 weeks
- Vanessa attended the Razor Reel Fantastic Film Festival in Bruges as an international guest for a film she starred in.
- Attended the Cork Film Festival, Athens Film Festival, Portobello Film Festival and Broet as an international guest
- Best Female Actor in a feature film – Melbourne Underground Film Festival
- Attended the Brussels Fantastic Film Festival in Belgium as an international guest
- Winner of the Commended Prize (short story) – Daffodil Day Arts Awards